Congratulations on making the decision to purchase a home! Owning a home for the first time is an exciting experience. You have surely considered the many options you have before you when it comes to buying a house.
We’re glad you are considering Watree Homes and we would like to make your buying process as easy and enjoyable as we can. No doubt you still have many questions about buying a home and we would like to help. We have put together some information we hope you find useful.
- Make a List
- Choosing a Builder
- Choose a Location
- Ready to Move In
The first, and probably the most important, step in purchasing a home is getting Pre-Qualified for a home loan. Your lender will help you understand just how much home fits into your budget. Watree Homes works closely with local lenders that can get you Pre-Qualified Today!
Make a List
A list of your home’s most important features is a good thing to have. While you are searching for your perfect home your list can serve as a reminder of just what you’re looking for. Here are a few things to start with:
- What size home will comfortably accommodate your family? Are you planning on expanding your family in the future?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- What type of accessory rooms are you looking for? (Family Room and Living Room, Dining Room, Office, etc.)
- Do you like to work in the yard and garden? Do you want a small yard that doesn’t require much maintenance?
- How much cabinet and storage space would you like?
- How close would you like to live to schools, work, or shopping?
These are just a few of the things to consider when looking for the right home for you and your family. Watree Homes works closely with you to insure all of your needs are met. We are only successful when you are happy in your new home.
Choosing a Builder
- Experience – How long has the company been in business? How long has the Contractor been in the industry?
- Team – You should be comfortable with the people you’ll be working closely with throughout the process. It should be easy to get to know these people and develop a good working relationship.
- Referrals – You can get a good idea of how your home buying process will go by reading testimonials and talking to current home owners.
- Builder’s Warranty – Find out the extent and duration of any warranty provided by the builder.
- Move-in Ready or Custom Built? – Do you have time to have your dream home built or do you need to move in immediately? Watree Homes has ready-to-move-in homes in many areas of Okaloosa County. Can’t find what you are looking for and have a little more time? Allow us to aid you in designing the home that is best for you.